Those who are contemplating withdrawal or secession should ask themselves continually:
1. Am I absolutely certain that Christ’s honour is really involved, or that my basic Christian liberties are threatened?
2. Am I going out because it is easier, and am I following the line of least resistance?
3. Am I going out because I am impatient?
4. Am I going out because I am an egotist and cannot endure being a ‘Brother of the common lot’ with its disadvantages as well as its spiritual advantages?
Those who are staying in their Church should ask themselves:
1. Am I staying in and not joining others who may be fighting the Lord’s battle because I am a coward?
2. Am I staying in because I am trying to persuade myself that I am a man of peace and because peace seems to be worth any price?
3. Am I staying in because I am just a vacillator or at a very low spiritual ebb?
4. Am I swayed by some self-interest or any monetary consideration?